- Founded in 1978 and restructured in 1999.
- The only South African chamber of commerce which promotes business and investment between South Africa and Israel.
- Has strong working relationships with the Israel Trade Office of the Israeli Embassy in South Africa.
- Disseminates information about Israeli technology and innovations across the country.
- Promotes a strong business network [SAIN].
Missions and goals
- To encourage a strong business relationship between SA and Israel through facilitating bilateral trade.
- To increase South African exports to Israel, and grow Israeli imports and investment into SA.
South Africa–Israel trade
- We promote South African exports to Israel in the areas of both established and emerging markets, including IT, agriculture, logistics, health sciences and security.
- We actively identify new companies which seek to export products to Israel, and we facilitate increasing opportunities for those already in that region.
- We provide services to South African companies wishing to expand through the employment of Israel’s most sophisticated telecoms, IT, software and new media.
- We offer Israeli companies information on specific South African expertise.
- We open doors to new markets for our members and the organisation as a whole, promoting networking opportunities in Israel.
- We keep members appraised of and communicate to them new products, new companies and trade and commercial conferences both in SA and in Israel
- Monthly SAICC e-newsletter